In today’s fast paced world, energy balls are the perfect on-the-go snack to keep you going through your day.
Here’s one of the favorite recipes shared by the talented food blogger @asmas.corner, and presented in our iconic Joud plate adorned with the phrase ‘Sahtain Ala Albak’, meaning ‘Bon Appétit’, in quirky Arabic calligraphy.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey (or agave syrup)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup vanilla
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Freeze the bowl for 5 minutes.
- Roll the dough into 20 small balls by pressing the dough together with your hands, or using an ice cream scooper for uniform balls. (If the texture of your nut butter makes the dough very dry, add a little more honey or a few tablespoons of milk until you can press it together into a ball shape.)
- Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.