Foodie and baker, Athary AlObaid (@um_hero) shares her recipe for individually-sized pistachio cakes.
Destined to be a family favorite, foodie and baker, Athary AlObaid, (@um_hero) shares her recipe for perfectly rustic, bite-sized pistachio cakes. With cloud-like sponge, subtle nutty flavors and a welcome hit of citrus, it’ll be love at first bite.
- 1¼ cup flour
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ¾ cup pistachios, ground
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 3 lemons, zest
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, mix together the ¾ cup powdered sugar, oil and orange blossom water until they are well combined.
- Fold in the eggs, one at a time.
- Then, add the flour, baking powder, cardamom, ground pistachios and yoghurt and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into cupcake molds and bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Once cooked, set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cream, powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Transfer the mixture into a confectioner’s bag and pipe onto the cakes.
- Decorate with fresh fruits and serve.
Shop The Look