Dubai-based food blogger @LadySpatula shares her recipe for the ultimate spring risotto.
The super-talented food blogger, Suad Shama (also known as @LadySpatula), shares her favorite spring risotto recipe. Light, healthy and fresh, this Italian classic is packed with vibrant flavor, and relatively easy to make – making it perfect for Ramadan.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomato
- One bulb garlic (about 10 cloves)
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, to garnish
- In a deep pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat, then add the garlic cloves and cook until fragrant and slightly softened.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and season with salt, then stir for a minute or two, and cover with a lid, leaving for about 15 minutes until the tomatoes have wilted and the juices are released.
- Add the rice, stirring to coat with the juices.
- Add ½ cup of the chicken stock and stir continuously until the broth is absorbed, then add another ½ cup. Continue adding the stock this way, ½ cup at a time, until nearly absorbed.
- Once the rice is cooked to your liking, and the broth has been absorbed, remove from heat.
- Season with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately with some toasted bread.