Dubai-based food blogger @LadySpatula shares the recipe for her crowd-pleasing Chocolate Chip Cookie Shots.
Super-talented and ultra creative food blogger, Suad Shamma (also known as @LadySpatula), shares her most delicious, fun and innovative creation to date: Chocolate Chip Cookie Shots. Sure to impress guests and satisfy the sweetest of tooths, these confections will make any celebration complete – just make sure there are extras, because people will definitely be coming back for more.
- Preheat oven to 175°C, and generously grease the molds of a popover pan or specialized cookie shot glass mold.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown and white sugar, baking powder and salt, mixing well to ensure ingredients are well incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, add melted butter, eggs and vanilla and whisk well to combine.
- Combine both mixtures (dry and liquid) and mix well to form a dough. Then fold in chocolate chips.
- Portion the cookie dough evenly, placing a rolled ball into each cavity.
- For those using a cookie shot glass mold, use the included insert to firmly press the dough into the cavity and up the sides. Push straight down, all the way to the bottom, and leave the cavity in place during the baking process. If using a popover pan, form the cookie shots by shaping the dough into the cavity, and chilling for 30 minutes, so it holds its shape.
- Bake cookies for 18-20 minutes, until they start to brown.
- If using the cookie shot glass mold, trim the top edges of the cookie shots while they are still hot and soft. Then allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, microwave the Nutella, or other chocolate, and using a brush, coat the insides of the cookie shots with chocolate to seal any holes or cracks. Chill or put aside until the chocolate is set and dry.
- Now, fill your cookie shots with anything you desire. Milk, chocolate milk, coffee, or even ice cream!