A combination of sweet honey and fiery pepper transforms this humble side dish into a quick and easy crowd-pleaser.
Looking for a quick and easy side that’s as delicious as it is healthy? Then, look no further. Our new favorite way to cook corn, this innovative recipe combines a clever butter bathing technique with unexpected flavors for a hearty side that’s sure to please even the pickiest eater.
- 6 ears corn, shucked and halved
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt, to taste
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, add the milk, butter and honey, and combine well.
- Add the red pepper flakes and season with salt.
- Add the corn and reduce heat to medium.
- Boil for another 8 minutes, until the corn is soft.
- Carefully remove the corn and serve immediately.
Shop The Look