Starring everyone’s favorite ancient grain, Lama Gharaibeh’s fresh freekeh salad makes healthy eating oh-so appetising.
Combining nutty freekeh, juicy tomatoes and sweet pomegranate, this fresh freekeh salad (by Dubai-based foodie @lama_gharaibeh) showcases some of our favorite flavours.
- 150g Freekeh
- 750ml water
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 cucumbers, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1-2 sprigs of scallion, chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbs pomegranate molasses
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan, mix the freekeh and water with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Bring to the boil, then let simmer and cook for 15 minutes, until tender. Drain and allow to cool.
- Chop the tomatoes, parsley, cucumber, mint and scallions and mix in a salad bowl. Add the pomegranate seeds.
- In a small jar, mix together the dressing ingredients and shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix gently.
- Serve and enjoy.
Shop The Look