Saudi food blogger @afofa shares her recipe for deliciously sweet dumplings.
Crispy on the outside and fluffy within, these moreish dumplings make the perfect dessert or indulgent afternoon snack. Here, Saudi recipe developer and food blogger @afofa shares her very own recipe.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g feta cheese
- 2 tbs milk powder
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup water
- Oil, to fry
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, yeast, baking powder and sugar.
- In a blender, combine the feta cheese, milk powder, oil and water. Blend until there are no lumps and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the cheese mixture to the flour mixture and knead well for about 10 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a damp towel and set aside for 45 minutes, or until double in size.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface, then cut into small circles using a cookie cutter.
- Heat oil in a medium-size saucepan. Once hot, add the dough and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with syrup, honey or date molasses.
Shop The Look