Healthy, nutty and oh-so-versatile, this Mediterranean-inspired dish is next-level delicious
A firm favorite at the Silsal office, this no-fuss recipe gives maximum impact for minimal effort. Crispy on the outside and soft within, this culinary delicacy makes the perfect side or antipasti.
- 3 artichokes
- 2 lemon
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 6 sprigs of rosemary
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Prepare the artichokes by chopping off the stem and removing the leaves closest to the bottom of the artichoke.
- Then, chop off the top of the artichoke, taking off about 1-inch.
- Rinse with water, then trim any pointy leaves.
- Cut the artichoke in half vertically.
- Using a spoon, remove the centre of each artichoke half.
- Cut a lemon into wedges, and rub the artichokes with lemon.
- Brush the artichokes with olive oil and place on a baking tray, with the cut-side facing upwards.
- Fill the artichoke cavities with chopped garlic and rosemary. Then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully flip the artichokes over and brush again with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- Remove baking tray from oven and cover with foil, then place back in the oven and cook the artichokes for another 25-35 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove rosemary, drizzle with lemon juice and serve.